Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday Couch Potato: The Sixth Sense


October 20th edition of Tuesday Couch Potato is Supernaturals. I love this edition. My type of movies are anything that goes with fairies, ghosts, paranormal, and anything that is from the another dimension. I always love thrill. I love hiding under the pillow whenever it's on the scariest part. LOL. I also find it awesome to see love stories between humans and the non-humans , say the Supernatural love affair. So this week's edition is perfect for me.

"I see dead people" (remember this line???)

Not every gift is a blessing. Not when it's the gift of " The Six Sense"

Featuring for October 20th edition of TCP, America's #1 Movie Four Weeks In A Row!

The Sixth Sense (1999)
Synopsis:
Child psychologist Malcom Crowe (Bruce Willis) is one night visited by an ex-patient named Vincent, angry, enraged. He wounds Crowe, then kills himself. A few months later, Crowe is visited by a 9-year old boy named Cole (Haley Joel Osmont). He sees dead people who do not know they are dead. Because of this, he is called a freak in school. Crowe, at first thinks he is seeing things, but after spending a lot of time with Cole (much to his wife's dismay), he discovers Cole may be seeing dead people after all.

When I first saw The Sixth Sense in 1999, I didn't know what to expect. I guess I was looking forward to a good scary horror flick. I was very surprised. I found that the purpose for this movie was far greater than just trying to scare the audience. I found this movie was showing not only the emotions of fear, but also faith, commitment, sadness of loss, and love. The end was so surprising, I had to see it again. The second time I watched it, I did it from a totally different perspective (this is a very rare quality for any movie), and I enjoyed it just as much, or maybe even more. I also, as many viewers have, tried to detect fallacies in the story. I couldn't find one. In addition, for those that appreciate great soundtracks, the music only helps to heighten the experience of the movie.

I believe that a great movie is one that helps the viewer perceive life and the world differently. The Sixth Sense is one of those extraordinary movies that does that to me. This movie reflects on some difficult subjects that will make the viewer walk away asking eternal questions. Questions about death, about letting go, about eternal love and commitment, about the love between parent and child, and between husband and wife. Maybe I read too much into this very wonderful film, but I believe it will be difficult to find a movie that has touched on these subjects so poignantly and so well for years to come.

For more Supernatural Stories, visit Kikamz of Just about Anything. Happy viewing everyone!


6 comments:

  1. This is a great movie shelo, I kept watching this until now because they keep playing in chanel 55. Never get tired of watching this. Mine is up at worths road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These seems to be a pretty good movie but I haven't seen it yet. Thanks for commenting on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this one too. Haley Joel Osment and Bruce Willis are great in this one. Plus, I love the time when his mom says: Look at my face. Just to prove her point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've seen this one too.. :) nice pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great review shelo! this movie will indeed leave you with a lot of eternal questions. i love the twists in the story, you'd never expect the end to be like that so that you'll have to watch it again. hehe! this was shyamalan's best. too bad his other succeeding movies weren't as beautiful.

    thanks for joining this week dear. next week, we will feature Just Magical movies. till then, hugs and happy tcp!

    ReplyDelete